Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Loving Windows 7.

Appearance-wise, hell yeah. Seems to me everyone is getting the frenzy. And I, for sure, got this frenzy from him. He downloaded it the very minute it was released yesterday and could not sit still in the library since then, knowing that it could take years to download it with my laptop on wireless. Pfffftttttt~~
To me, what's the big deal, man?! Hehe.

But now that he's installed it, I sudah tergerak-gerak wanna upgrade my Vista to Windows 7.
It does look nice. It's more or less still look like Vista but only a level higher. It seemed that Microsoft had picked up on our complains and done a whole list of improvements.

The taskbar function is the most catchy one by far. Here's what Microsoft described of it.

The taskbar at the bottom of your screen is what you use to launch programs and switch between them when they're open. In Windows 7 you can pin any program to the taskbar so it’s always just a click away, and you can rearrange the icons on the taskbar just by clicking and dragging. We’ve made the icons considerably bigger, too, so they’re easier to use. Hover over the icons and you’ll see thumbnails of every file or window that open in that program, and if you hover over the thumbnail, you’ll see a full-screen preview of that window. Move the cursor off the thumbnail and the full-screen preview disappears.
Cool eh. Sounds cool, looks cool. But imagine you TER-hover across some thumbnails with your boss looking over your shoulder. Habis. So much for pretending to work hard. *giggles*

Windows 7 also comes with a whole lot of new and different themes. There's the one with Easter bunnies, one with the teddies in robot suit, one with the fishy, etc etc etc...
I used to have slideshow of all my photos in the folder, but never had I had desktop background of a slideshow. Now, it's becoming possible with Windows 7. So cool!!

Oh my God!! I'm so excited already. I had just been blabbing about what Windows 7 looks like on the desktop, haven't had I even talked about the upgrades on the other features. I just got to know a few from him. All being the greatness of Windows 7. Haha. Normal
larh kan? New things sure angkat-angkat sikit. Later we'll see if there's as many complains as Vista. Haha!

I really am so tempted to switch right now. But at the same time, I'm really lazy to take the trouble to upgrade my laptop. What if anything happens. Oh, boy. What a hassle it will be then.
But I'm really fascinated with all the new and cool features of Windows 7. Oh, God. Gosh~~ Tempting, tempting!
Should I? Should I?
Ahhh~~ I should be studying!!


p/s: Apasal so many Malay words around in this post ni? Hehe.

0 comments: