Tuesday, April 21, 2009

*Long Overdue* Sushi Dinner.

Okay, so this is long overdue. Until I almost forgot I wanted to post this up. Better late than never.
*Warning: More overdue posts coming up. ;)*

Dated: 14 March 2009.
Just another Saturday afternoon in Cyberia, bored and lazy. So, the four of us (eLaiNe, Chee Wei, Yamunah and Soon Ming) headed to Alamanda for lunch and window-shopped in Cold Storage after. Like I said, it was a boring and lazy-fying Saturday afternoon. But I don't know what exactly came over us that we suddenly decide to play masak-masak for dinner.
Japanese will be our theme for the night. Reason being that I have this sushi set thingy that I bought awhile back wanting to make some sushi, but got no sushi rice. Haha! Second reason is that Soon Ming is a Japanese fanatic. ;)

Having this plan in mind, we skipped our ooh-and-ahhs session in Cold Storage and rushed to Carrefour to get our ingredients. Got home. Rest for a coupla minutes or an hour or so, and off we go. Cooking time!

Started with preparing the ingredients, and yes my house's kitchen is messy and crowded with the four of us walking up and down, not knowing what to do first. Real noobsters. =p



This is our favourite 'okonomiyaki'. Top with the sauces and bonito flakes (or 'katsuobushi'). ^^ Yummy. I don't wanna brag, but hell yeah, our 'okonomiyaki' is wayyyyyyy better than Sushi King's!!! *pfffffttttt*



Then there's tempura. Fried vegetables and fried crabmeat-sticks. Oily. *yikes*


Part of the main dish - sushi. My task. I don't even know why I'm on this task! I know no nuts about this, although I may have fooled around with making sushi back in high school. Hahaha! Don't even remind me!
So, anyway...It didn't turn out too bad afterall.

It took us almost 3 hours to prepare this dinner! Worthwhile though. :)



We are all so beat up by the end of it. It took us another hour or so just to clean the whole place up!!!

4 comments:

Jia Xing said...

Do you provide food delivery?

eLaiNe said...

Haha. The nextime, you're gonna be the one cooking! I want fish! :P

Anonymous said...

lol...
din give me eat.
i like sushi..
haha...

eLaiNe said...

Ooo.. I know WE all love sushi, dont we, Felicia? Hehe. We should ask Kelly do for us ;) Cath also can. :P