Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Do You Remember? (Thought 5)

Do you remember the time when you have the worst nightmare?
Do you remember trying your hardest to wake up, but it was all just in vain?
Do you remember having the tingling knowing that it's all ridiculous to be happening, yet still drawn to believe it?
Do you remember the fear you had inside the dream, and even outside after waking up?

I've been having alot of dreams lately. In one night, I could have 3 different weird dreams. That probably explains why I'm always so tired even after hours and hours of sleep. [That's not an excuse. :P]
Anyway, I had another weird dream yesternight. No, wait. Lemme rephrase that.
I had a weird nightmare yesternight.

Morpheus played this tremendously huge prank on me. And it wasn't the first time. However, at least this time all's well in the dream alas. Though, it is still very very unpleasant.
I remember the first felt so real, it didn't seemed like a dream. It made me so scared even after waking up. I was just a little kid back then fearing for the worst with no one to tell it to. And all I wanted was to make sure everybody is safe and sound. I still do.

When you sleep, you try to escape from the real world. From all the stress, the workloads, the misery, just almost of anything that you wanna runaway from but couldn't in the real life. And that's when you dream. Of course it'd be always wonderful if you dream of beautiful things. But what is life when everything's just perfectly pretty? :)
When you dream, you enter into a mysterious world where rules of reality just don't apply. No matter how hard you try to make sense out of it, it just don't. But somehow you believe it anyhow in your dream, simply because you're in it.

Do dreams mean anything implicitly? If yes, what could they mean? What could be the message tried to be conveyed? Or are dreams just a method of liberating you from the real world for awhile? Then, what about nightmares? What's their purpose? Just to scare you abit more than you can take?

0 comments: