Saturday, April 11, 2009

Do You Remember? (Thought 6)

Do you remember the time when someone dear leaves?
Do you remember the pain you felt knowing he/she ain't coming back?
Do you remember praying it was all just a bad dream, and you'll eventually wake up?
Do you remember missing him/her in things you used to do together?

It's nearing 7 years since my grandmother passed away. I only knew 2 of my grandparents since birth, maternal grandmother and paternal grandfather. To me, my Por Por is the one we're closer to and sayang the most. She's the one we could only meet when we balik kampung to Kepong Ulu. Those were the holidays I always look forward to. And at every end of the holidays, I'll weep my way back to Penang. And continue sobbing for the next couple of days.

I used to write to her quite frequently when I was in primary, but it gradually stopped. It didn't mean I loved her any lesser anyway.
I used to be in KL for almost every long school holidays, but that gradually got lesser too. I don't see her often but it also certainly never meant I missed her any lesser.

Is it true that pain dies with time? Is it true that we will eventually forget someone after parting? Why do life seemed so fragile, and death has to be part of it?
Are you really watching us from where you are above there? Do you miss us? Would you come back if I wish hard enough? At least to say our final goodbye?

Por Por, I miss you every now and then. I'll never forget the day when we got the news. I still regret the fact that we never had a chance for our last goodbye. I have so much to ask you, to tell you.
Now all that is left is really the sweet memories of you. I love you.

0 comments: