Friday, February 20, 2009

Was It The Right Or The Wrong One?

Saying goodbye to my Sister, she saw me off at the Starline LRT station at Plaza Rakyat. And so my journey home began, alone.

Upon reaching the station, the very moment I got there, a train came by. I thought I was really lucky. Absentmindedly, I gladly boarded the train without any more thoughts. Only after a few stations later, that was when I realize I could have boarded the wrong train. This train could be the one not taking me to my destination but just right the opposite way. I did some stupid things and I was too mum to ask anyone.

I jumped right out of the train when it reaches the
Chan Sow Lin station, the station where you are supposed to switch trains of different lines [The Ampang Line or the Sri Petaling Line]. Initially I was supposed to check if the train that I'm boarding is the right one when I get down at the station. If it is the right one, I'll quickly get back on board and if it isn't, I shall wait for the right one to come.
That was the plan.

However, seeing the train running on the wrong track [at least that was what I thought], I just quickly and calmly got down and stood facing the opposite track, waiting. I never bothered to check the LCD plane.

I just stood there waiting, and see trains after trains just going by but not on the direction I was waiting to see. Yet, I still never bothered to check the LCD plane.
I just told myself that probably at almost 5pm, it is the peak hour when everyone is getting off from work. So that's why the Ampang Line trains are passing by more frequently right now, the same thing would happen to the Sri Petaling ones later on. Just wait.
So, I stood there just waiting, with my mind so absent thinking about some things I should not be thinking.

A girl came by suddenly and asked me where is she supposed to expect the Sri Petaling Line train coming. I gladly told her to wait at the wrong track with me.
It was only a few seconds later then that it struck me that I forgot to check, and I looked at the plane.

It took me after missing four trains to finally realize that I had all along been waiting at the wrong track. FOUR trains, for hell's sake. And because of me missing that four trains, I missed the ERL train and had to wait for the next one to come after 20 minutes.

Brings me back to the question, was the very first train I boarded the right or the wrong one?
Now, I'll never know. All I know is that I've wasted 20 minutes of my life. All of it happened just because I rushed into boarding the very first train that come along, without any considerations in mind. Then I made another mistake accepting what I think to be true, without any effort to prove it.
How wrong more can I go?

Is this how it's supposed to be? Is that why I'm in such a situation that I am right now?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, looking on the bright side, at least you got home safe and sound. But try to be more aware next time?

LipChunG said...

right or wrong..it's the experience that matters..if u know what i mean..=)

p/s: hard to believe i'm posting u a comment right? yea, me too..xD

argentinito said...

muy bueno

eLaiNe said...

Anonymous, positive thinking right? Maybe it'll do me some good soon..

Lip Chung, yes yes hard to believe. You made it hard to believe only ma :P Thanks anyway. If only the experience doesn't have to hurt so bad. :)

Muy bueno, argentinito?