Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Importance Of Letting Go.

Another phase in life, I suppose?
To realize the importance of letting go. And to find peace, as well as joy, in doing so. I've heard of this phrase once, and it really struck me till today. It goes something like this,

"If you hold on to a beautiful butterfly too tightly in your palm, you would only kill it. But if you were to free it from your grasp, you could enjoy the beauty of it."

Not to mention, the life you save.
These simple words meant so much. It is just so typical of life, in which humans would quite literally kill to hold on to some things they know weren't meant to be. Partly in denial and partly in believe that situations would change as they desire. As pointless as it may seem, some see it as faith.
But this time around, even faith can not quite change the fact of this. And so, we had to let go.

The past couple of days had been hard. But I'm proud to say you guys had pulled through pretty well.
It hurts to see you in such a condition. It hurts more to fear that each small thing would remind you of him.
Yes, it was proven to be a 'him'. Oh, the disappointment I expected.
Words may come out at the wrong time, but I know no poison were meant to be inserted with those words. Rants are meant to be just rants.
Rants are meant to be spoken of and forgotten about the moment next.
Please be assured everything will be alright, and I certainly believe that light will be shone upon us once again, soon.

And to you, my dear. I know you are sad, disappointed and probably even furious at one point or another. But I'm proud to say you've handled it all pretty well in you. It is however pointless now to put blames on anyone, or even anything. Like you said, probably we weren't his destiny.
The days ahead may be hard, for you mostly. Please take care of yourself.
The coughs are getting really bad. It hurts to see how much you've done for us, and nothing done yet for you. I wish I could be around more often.

Lil one, rest assured. They said you've chosen a pretty good day to leave. I hope you did. I couldn't bear to see you. I agree that it would only hurt more seeing you like that now. But if they said the decision made were the best for you, I believe it is. And from the condition confirmed to be, such decision had been forced to be made with no regrets. I just hope you'd rest in peace now.

The past nineteen weeks had been filled with hopes and plans, not to forget joy. These may need to be put on hold now. Until the new ray of light peeks into our lives once again. We will be there. With arms wide open, once again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first three paragraphs were like an arrow shot through the heart for me. Adui. Did anyone pass away? If so, my condolences to the ones affected.

eLaiNe said...

:)