Monday, January 28, 2008

Reckless Driving.

I was going through my forwarded mails and I came across one that really saddens me. Be it true story or not.

This is about a girl, whose life has pretty much been ruined by a fella who actually drunk driving. *sigh*
It is so sad to see her bearing the consequences of another person's wrong doing.
According to the mail, she was caught in the burning car and her body was heavily burnt for about 45 seconds.
Imagine the pain she suffered. Imagine the pain she's still suffering.
I'm not even sure if I can say that she's lucky to have survived. =(

[before the accident]

[after the accident]


Right after reading this, I was so busy forwarding this mail to all my friends in the list. I couldn't bear not to tell however many people I know about this.
I just hope noone would ever do any mistake like this. You would never want to live with the guilt.
It is so painful to just look. Imagine her going through it.

Then, I was talking to Ken and suddenly he asked about whether I know Shelva.
Apparently, he knows her brother.
He told me that Shelva got into an accident just recently and the news was even in the newspaper.
Good God, I believe my heart had seriously skipped a beat.

He sent me this link.
I was so scared and thank God, I didn't see her name in the article. *phew*
What a relieve.
But it is still so sad to have read that the accident had taken 3 lives.
One of them is featured in the newspaper as well. Reading the article, I really felt pity for her.
She was only 21. She had such a great life ahead to live, and it had been taken away from one irresponsible driver.
Even more irresponsible is the bus company. *sigh*

So, to everyone of you reading this, please and please don't ever be reckless and irresponsible.
If you wouldn't mind killing yourself, please don't ever try to bring anyone innocent down with you.
You would never want to live with such guilt all your life.

p/s: The roads are so unsafe. How am I to drive with such pressure on me now? ><

0 comments: