Friday, April 17, 2009

Movies Movies Movies.

I love movies. And they're basically the best companion at times when you need a little escape.
For the past week, the hectic days and stress were really piling and stomping me down. Yet, I just can't work in pure silence. As usual I would turn on some songs, or even any shows. Just for the sake of some noise.

So, anyway. I just wanna blog about the three movies I've watched over the week [and a few days, I think]. Along which I also watched a couple of Shin Chan movies, and a gazillion re-runs of Kung Fu Panda.
Awww, c'mon. I love the Panda. I especially loved the way it was beautifully drawn with every details so carefully penned down.

Well, now. First movie~

Marley And Me!
[Awww.. Isn't he such a cute little "Clearance Puppy"?]

What I just knew is that "Marley & Me is based on the best-selling autobiographical book by columnist John Grogan". So it's a real story afterall. *winks*

Throughout the movie, there are so many hilarious scenes. I especially laughed at the part when Marley had to lose his balls. And then there's another one when Connor innocently mentioned that his daddy said that Colleen's name is "whoops".
Throughout the movie as well, there were scenes when I did feel a little annoyed with Marley's hyperactive and disobedient character. Still, at the end of day, Marley got my heart.

Just like any other movies, I always look forward to a good ending. And this gave me another good one to remember by.
He may not be any expensive dog, or the most obedient dog in the world. But he is just another member of the family.

In the words of John Grogan,
"
A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?"


Second to go~
Bride Wars!
[Why are they so happy if they're at war?!?!]

At first, I really thought of it to be ridiculous to have a movie like this. But I gave it a go anyhow, since I did kinda run out of movies to watch and I really didn't want to watch something serious just yet.

I just don't understand why they couldn't just have a wedding together, instead of all those fights. How could their friendship since at childhood be so weak just because of a wedding VENUE?!?!?! Gosh!

So anyway I went on to watch it, and hey~ It wasn't that bad afterall. Well, all the fights were quite entertaining, though lame and nonsensical. Remember the scenes when Anne Hathaway got tanned to be a walking safety cone. And Kate Hudson got her hair blue. Bah~

But what really got to me isn't quite their friendship. =___= [Not the thing I expect to see.]
What I saw was the difference of how their fiances stood up for them when they were in a fight. Liv was lucky that her man was there for her when she felt the worst about getting into a fight with her 'best-friend', while Emma was not so lucky.
And it's stupig how she finally got together with Liv's brother. Oh, for God's sake!!!!

Anyway, here's one worth watching. Last one I just finished watching like a few minutes ago~
Slumdog millionaire!
[Mind you, this movie had won 8 Oscars!]

"When somebody asks me a question, I tell them the answer."
That's how it is. Even for me. Only difference was, he's asked the questions that led him to become a millionaire. Hahaha~

Okay, what's no joke is that I would never want to learn of the answers to those questions the way he did. No way. No money could ever ever ever lure me to go through that! No no no no no~~

While watching the movie, we both got a little realistic and thought, "What a coincident". And sweat, not literally. =P
Well, if you really give thoughts to it, you'd question it yourself too wondering "Where got so ngam wan!". But heck, it is that ngam (coincidental) in this movie.
Still, I shut that thought up by saying, "Just watch. Shush!". Typical, typical. Hehe.

All in all, the movie is still a very good one to watch. It really did bring the audience to see the life of a slumdog. So sad.

Though I did expect a better ending with a more catchy line than just......"Kiss me."
Gosh!! Isn't there a better line to it?! How much more gaudy could it get anyway?

Oh oh..and then...and then...what good is a movie from India if it's without a dance, huh? Awww.. *winks*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hehe~ Alrighty, that's all for now. Wonder what my next movie gonna be. Oh, there's so many in the list right now. If only I got them. :)
Time to catch some sleep...AGAIN. Nights, everyone~ ;)

0 comments: