Sunday, March 1, 2009

Backpacking In KL Town.

Would you believe it that I've never been to places like Dataran Merdeka, Central Market, etc in all my countless times to KL?! Well, it ain't that unbelievable as I know many of you have yet to be there before. *bluek*

I came up with the idea of backpacking, he came up with the idea of eating while doing it. True to say, what fun would it be if we can't have good food along the way. What more we might be out of destinations, not knowing where to go next. So food-hunt is always the main motivation. *winks*

Leaving Cyberjaya at around 9am, we took the usual public transportation methods to reach to Petaling Street.

[Interchange from ERL to Starline LRT.]

First up, Chinatown, Petaling Street. The moment I step into the town, I so must have the long-craved-for "muar chee"! Comes in variety flavours. Original, Ribena, mango, lychee, pandan, sesame. [I think that's all.]
We had porridge for breakfast. We almost missed out on the famous fish dish, but we managed to order it after the waiter served us with the wrong food. Of course not forgetting, along with porridge a must-have is always "yao char koay"!


Since there's nothing much to hoo-haa about in the Chinatown anymore, we went off to Central Market. I never thought it's anything like this, inside and outside. For one, there are so many people lepak-ing around. And two, it's not anything like a market, a wet one that is. Haha!


Check this out. The best part in the whole of Central Market. The toilet. It's okay to have to pay for entry, but this too?! Cool!!


Hehe. After acting amazed all around Central Market, it's off to Dataran Merdeka. I couldn't stop myself from stopping along the way and taking more photos! Just something to remember by.
Actually I never thought that Dataran Merdeka would be in such a short distance away though. Before I know it, we're there already. We even saw some movie shooting there. [Well, I guess it's either setting up or rest time.] The stars don't look Malaysians though. More like Koreans.


Oh my, the view is so beautiful at the Dataran Merdeka. But the sun is almost too hot, though windy. But hey, like it is gonna stop us! *winks*

After that, lunchtime. Sadly, many shops that we wanted to go to are not open. Probably because it's a Sunday. Ended up eating in a coffee shop somewhere outside of the Chinatown. And guess what, the food recommended to be nice, turn out to be not that great larh afterall.


Right after that, we 'explored' the streets around Bukit Bintang. And we saw this in Jalan Alor. Oooo. Obscene. =p Haha.


What's next? Rain~ We had to run into Times Square for shelter, and to waste some time before our dinner is ready from that one particular shop. ;)

[What we had is what's on the right. I was just fooling around with the Starbuck's coffee. First time seeing those. =p]

After finishing the ice-cream and after the rain had stopped, we're off back to the Weng Heng coffee shop to eat the supposed great Penang 'char koay teow' in KL. Bah~! Cheated. Instead the 'hokkien char' is better there. Haha. Weird.

[Imagine us eating under THAT dirty thing!]

Then, it's time for some Ampang 'yong tau foo' just right opposite the road.
And you wanna know one thing that pissed me off bad? The attitude of the drinks vendor there is bad!! He actually shooed us from the sheltered seats if we don't order drinks from him. Hrmph! I refuse to give in! No way! *pffffft*


Well, I guess we're done for the day. Full and tired. I think I might have sunburn. Well, it ain't hurting yet but it's very much visibly red all over already. I'm a walking tomato. ^^

Overall for today's backpakcing trip, not bad! Most of the shops we wanna go to for makan-makan are either closed or finished selling. Pretty saddening. Guess we just needa get back another day. Since we would do it one more time, this time to set of destinations. Haha~~

There's not too much of walking needs to be done to get to almost everywhere from wherever we were. And it was so much fun too, practically acting like some tourists from elsewhere. I'm from Hong Kong apprently, and he's from Korea! Hahaha!
Looking forward to our next one. ^o^

0 comments: