Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It Ain't Easy.

Having so used to some situation, one would find that even the slightest change of the wind will cause the whole ocean to be in chaos. Questions arise and brains would go haywire, filled with unnecessary "ifs" and unnecessary "whys" and many many unnecessary thoughts.

I was once in the ocean when the wind took me off. Away to a place I thought where my dreams lie, and now I found it was all a lie. I was misled by what it seemed to me from afar. Though fearful, I did feel warmth that I began to make myself home there, when suddenly the wind came and destroy my little hopes and dreams.

Mr Cloud once offered to bring me back to the dock, back to safety. But I am afraid. I am afraid to lose what I have tried building. I didn't want to leave. Somehow some parts in me remain hopeful, and faithful. Or probably I've just gotten used to this new situation that I do not want to be out in the ocean again. Whatever it may be, I want a second chance in this island of hope. I thought things would heal, for me.

Am I too naive? Or am I too stubborn?
Why can't I comprehend that sometimes changes are meant for betterment?
Why can't I just believe that God knows what is planned ahead for me?
Why can't I just set my sail to the direction of the wind? Wasn't my motto was once "If you can't change the direction of the wind, set your sail to it"?

I'm lost in my very own island of hope. I never thought that even in what I thought to be my comfort zone, the wind could still cause so much disaster to me.
Please show me the right way. Guide me through the hurricane. Prove to me things aren't always what I thought it seemed to be.

0 comments: