Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy National Day!

Selamat Hari Kebangsaan! 51 years of independence!
Freedom, achievement...still a lil far-fetched. No comments. You know better. =)

Anyway, I read this on an article I think. Can't remember precisely where I read it, but I do remember the important points of it. And that is, wishing the nation "Selamat Hari Merdeka" would be wrong. This is because we only had our Merdeka Day once and that was back in 1957. And that day was THE day we were finally independent, free from any kind of invasion at all. Furthermore, Sabah and Sarawak did not attain their independence on that very same day. So, with the wisdom of our late Tunku Abdul Rahman, the term "Selamat Hari Kebangsaan" is used to replace "Selamat Hari Merdeka". Of which I think is really true. And very wise.
So, don't give the wrong wishing anymore. =P

Memorable event of the day is that...my family [except my Daddy] is going for karaoke-ing! Haha, weird eh? We will actually celebrate our National's Day singing our hearts out the whole night through. Bet you can imagine us singing the oldies of all time. It's going to be a greaaaaat night! Weeeeeeee~~~~!


Message of the day:
Dong dong bell~~ Pussy in the well~~
Happy Birthday, Ding! =D

0 comments: