Wednesday, June 25, 2008

'Age Of Glory'

Oh...my...God!
Believe it or not, I actually just finished watching the whole of a Malaysian drama.
Read my lips. M-a-l-a-y-s-i-a-n drama.
Not missing one episode, nor a scene. The first for me.

It was aired on Ntv7, and I watched a lil back in Penang during the holidays. Captured the drama-freak in me and I was determined to watch the whole of it. And I did, thanks to Ntv7.
I actually watched it from the Ntv7 webpage. [Pretty amazing streaming speed, I'd say.]

Imagine this from me, I have not complained a BIT of the drama, yet.
Miraculously enough, I am even complimenting it and promoting it to my friends.
They asked why do I watch such drama. My answer is pretty simple, because it is a Malaysian production and it is so worthy to be given the credits.
Trust me when I say so. It's hard to hear it from me too, especially about Malaysian dramas. You know how they used to suck in acting and how bad their storylines are.

But..this is a totally different thing from those typical Malaysian drama.
With Debbie Goh as the lead actress, I love the drama even more.
She is so convincing with her role that you might just cry together with her
[at the last episode, if you are a crying-drama-queen]. It was really touching and seemed so real. For the first time ever, they had made the perfect casting.

So, what's the drama about?
Well, it's about the life of a typical Malaysian girl back in the 60's and 70's.
About how she ranaway from home with her lover [I doubt she even knows that she loves him when she ranaway with him] after a dispute with the father, got into trouble when the lover turns to a gambling-addict and eventually turning her life upside-down. Her life was pretty much screwed up but she got back up on her own two feet and hung on with the flow of life. Tough girl, I'd say. I could never imagine doing the things she does.
Reality check, I don't have to. *phew*

The other two girls came into the picture later and became her two bestest friends. By luck, I'd say. You know how this fate thing goes anyway.
Aenie Wong stars as a servant at the beginning and you will see how her life evolves, while Daniella Dai is this singer-wannabe from a fishing village.
Of the three, I'm not especially fond of Daniella's role [or rather acting, or just her scripts?]. I don't know.

'Nuff said. Check it out yourself. ;)
This is a truly Malaysian Boleh drama, uh. *winks*


p/s:
Oh, and the theme song is absolutely awesome! Anyone has the mp3 version of it? =p
Double oh, did you know Debbie was a Miss Chinese International Malaysia back in 1998? Patutlah so pretty. Hehe. Her voice is super-sweet too!
Triple oh, I saw Mei Fen in the drama. *LOL* It felt a lil weird though. Haha.

0 comments: