Monday, June 30, 2008

Rainy Appreciation Night.

It was supposed to be a BBQ party. Everything was prepared, done, ready. Then, the rain clouds passed by and refused to leave.

*sighs* Party was crashed, and plans had to be changed LAST MINUTE.
Instead of the poolside venue, we all bunked into my house. Big difference. But still thank God the house is presentable. *taking pride!* Hehe.
And instead of BBQ-ing, all food was cooked with other methods. Boiling, steaming, frying, deep frying...you name it [except BBQ-ing larh].
Yet again, thank God for how things turned out in the end anyway. Thank God you guys loved the food cooked, though it was nothing compared to what it would be if BBQ-ed.

I was really worried at first because we decided to change the plan only the hour before the party was supposed to begin, after realizing the rain is not gonna stop for us. Even if the rain stops, the wind would not allow us to startup any fire.
But by hook or by crook, I ain't gonna cancel no party. And boy, was I glad I didn't.

My house was really in the happening-mode yesternight. We had music pumping out loud, humans trying to out-sound the speakers and food! Hehe. It was really cool to see so many people getting together and all. I love parties! *blushes*
[Oh, sorry Shad, no piccies larh. No time plus me no camera. >< ]
But boy, am I tired by the end of the night! I am totally beat. Am so lazy to do anything else too.

Now that everything is cleaned up, it's time to get some rest. Tomorrow will be a long day, since it is the first day of clubs' registration week. Added on to the hours of classes I'm forced to attend, I need all the sleep I can get now. [If only I can sleep as I want though.]
Well, remember to come over to CARE Club's booth and get yourself registered ya. *winks*
Good night~!


p/s:
Not to forget, a BIG thank you especially for all the help and support in ensuring this party went on smoothly. Sure kelam-kabut I'll be if it hadn't been you around. >< Well, you know who you are, if you're reading. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanna say THANK YOU for the appreciation! Food was good larh, and I mean it. I would eat more, if only I wasn't so full to begin with (ate something before that - sked not enuff :p) Bunkin o'er at your house was good too. It's cozy :D
Thanks again, to you and Amy. :)

eLaiNe said...

;) No problemo. It was just a really simple appreciation for all the big help you guys had been throughout the whole event. So, it was worthy and you guys deserved it. =)