Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Today is the day we celebrate your greatness. A day specially dedicated to you, and only you. Another special day when you have all your children right by your side. Either to do things you love to do, or do nothing at all. Just spending the day with you.

Sorry, for I could not be there with you again this year. Ain't the first year this is happening, but you'll know I always care. And spiritually, I'm always there with you. Just like how you are always here with me.
Sorry, for this year I should have been there. You are so near to me right now. Yet, not too near for me to get to you. But it shall not be accounted on laziness nor ignorance. For it is truly unsound.

Surely I still remember my first year being away. Mother's Day had never felt so different before. On the particular day during which your presence is significantly missed. And the day on which I really wish you don't forget me.
For the past 18 years, you had been in every single day that I spend.
Never too far apart. Never too long apart.
I remember how I've always loved to show you and Daddy off to my friends. Just to have you by my side during functions in school.
Then, there were days when we fought, days when I get mad, and definitely days when I got on your nerves.
Ooo, the pain I had to endure for it. Haha. I still wonder if it hurts you more.

Leaving home had brought me a whole new turn in life. An independent life everybody yearns for so badly. I never understood why, and will I ever?
I remember how I cried at nights before leaving. Counting down to the day I'm gonna have to leave. Counting down to days when I'm gonna have to live without you by my side 24/7. Counting down to days when I'm gonna have to live without being able to run to you for hiding when my day goes wrong.
Counting down to days when your lil girl finally have to grow up.

You bring tears to my eyes everytime you indirectly tell me how much you're gonna miss me when I'm gone. Indirectly telling me how days would be like once I leave. How stuffs we always do together must be done alone now. How you would be looking forward to my holidays, as much as I do.

You never see days like today to be any more special or extraordinary than the others. Yet, we hope there's more we can show to you. Not only on this day, but on any other day as well.
For everyday is Mother's Day whenever you're by our sides. And we hope you know it. Cause we know it, and we feel it deep down every single loving day you give to us.

We love you, Mom. We have always loved you, are still loving you, and will always and forever love you for all we are. =D

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

0 comments: