Friday, January 11, 2008

Rasa Sayang Dinner Buffet.

As initially planned and as a treat for me being 'old', I was brought here for a little enjoyment.
Though my family were supposed to dine together tonight, my parents had declined to join considering that they aren't exactly the biggest fans of the buffet concept.
Understanding them well enough, it's best that we leave it that way. :\

You know, since Rasa Sayang Resort's huge renovation project and then it's grand re-opening in 2006, this is the first time I'm there again.
Being in the resort again definitely brings back lotsa good ol' memories. Childhood memories.
However, the feeling is somehow different. Somehow Rasa Sayang isn't quite as 'homey' as it used to be.

Well, my Dad used to work in the old Rasa Sayang.
Story is, we used to get complimentary stays in the resort. Being a child, I was always excited about this, even if it's only for a night over the weekend.
And it is something that I loved to brag about too. Can't blame a kid, can you? =p
Air conditioning, carbonated drinks, swimming pool, etc.
Those were pretty appealing to me back then. :">

Funnily enough though, the thing I enjoyed most about those stays was the fact that it is where my Dad works. Even more, I enjoyed meeting the people my Dad works with. ><
So I guess it's somehow the little child in me feeling that the old staffs were friendlier. Reminiscing the good old 'pals'.
Probably it's because the old 'pals' were my Dad's colleagues, and the fact that they know me.
Haha.

Anyway, the luxury is even more luxurious today. Being the only 6-stars hotel in Malaysia, it definitely is obviously awesome!
And the staffs are pretty serious about the rules, too. ;)
I was really excited about the dinner buffet.
But perhaps I had made early comparisons with Jogoya in Starhill, Kuala Lumpur. ><
I'm not exactly writing a food critic's review here in my blog.
But personally, I do still love the food served.

First, we started with the appetizers. We started light.
Nevertheless, the seafood served at the same counter was really tempting. The lobsters and the oysters were especially alluring.
Mm mmm. I can't still taste the freshness of the seafood in my mouth right now. [Exaggerative? Yeah =p ]

My personal most favourited dish is definitely the lamb satay. It is so de-li-cious that I couldn't help but go for second and third helpings. *drools*
My Sister on the other hand loved the lobsters and the sashimi the most.
And the tiramisu. [Coffee freak, she is. Hehe.]

After attacking the main course, it's time for yummy-yummy dessert. The whole display desserts is so beautiful that I wanted to keep one of each kind. ^^
Heading to the ice-cream counter, I was pretty disappointed again as I was kinda expecting to see Haagen Dazs ice-cream, and a whole wide range of flavours to choose from indeed.
Imagine the slump I felt when I saw the only 4 different flavours served [namely: vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and coffee.]
Pardon me, but I was really looking forward to dive in to the super-yummy-tummy ice-cream.
But, the wish of the kid in me was not fulfilled.

The best thing I've always relate Rasa Sayang with are the cakes. Chocolate cakes, especially. *drools*
However, this time, I was quite reluctant to 'dig in' to the cakes served at the counter.
Main reason being the cakes not cut nicely and are kinda like melting.
At first glance, one may think that those are ice-cream cakes. Hehe, no, it is not.
Undeniably though that the cakes are really delightful, but I'm still not quite keen about taking and putting it onto my plate.
So, I stole them bit by bit from my Sister's plate instead. Hehe. ^^

Overall, it was still a great dinner of course. Beautiful environment and fantastic food.
What more can I say? We stil left the place bloated. Haha.

Check out this link to the Spice Market Cafe. =)

A huge thank you to my sister and her friend for this wonderful treat. *winks*

0 comments: