Saturday, January 12, 2008

Reunion and Farewell.

For the first time this year and for the first time since I got home for holiday, I finally had the chance to meet up with two of my closest friends in Penang.

Catherine just got home for the long weekend. And this Sunday, both will be leaving for Kuala Lumpur. *sigh*

Yes, finally Kuan Gaik has decided to go for UCSI in order to pursue her degree in mass communications. Truthfully, I am really happy for her. But sadly, I’m not really sure if her mind has really been made.

Considering the ‘problems’ she has in mind, Catherine and I had quite a tough time assuring her of what she really has to focus on. Or more precisely, advising her of what should be done.
Of course, I cannot tell her what to do but rather just giving her comments and hopefully, advises.

Funnily, she’s proven herself to be really fickle-minded as well. Obviously, she has the answers in her head and she knows exactly what our answers [or better said, suggestions] would be too.
However, the feminine side of her is being, of what Cath would call, irrational.
It’s pretty funny seeing both of them arguing and debating of what a girl needs.
Of course I was not left behind in this girls-talk as well. And quite shockingly, this lil’ discussion lasted for around 4 hours, from Sakae Sushi to McDonald’s. Haha.
But I doubt our friend here has yet to be firm with her final decisions.
Personally, I still think it’s pretty foolish if you would let go of this chance in UCSI just because of trust issues.

My friend, I just hope for you to be certain of what your decisions are and stick to it. Don’t change your course just because of some last minute ‘adjustments’ to what your perfect plan should have been.
Bear this in mind, if trust is such a big issue, it's probably time to let go.

Just like what I initially said to you, why not just give it a try? You'll never know unless you try, right?
And by trying also, you would never have the chance for regrets to slip in later telling you that it could have been great IF you had tried.

And seriously, I’m pretty jealous because the two fellas get to stay together.
It’s always nice to have someone close like Cath to be with, though this study-freak bookworm might stress anyone even more than everyone in the world combined together. Haha.
Ok, that was a pretty exaggerative statement there. Anyhow, I know that it will all be so fun. =)

Hopeful to see you in KL, my dear Kuan Gaik. Hopeful to have us both graduating together at the same time! *winks*

Take care and don’t think too much. I know you would feel down and probably even depressed at first, considering this is the first time you are leaving Penang for studies.
Well, I’m obviously speaking out of experience. =.=
But I’m sure you’ll be able to get through this pretty soon. Plus I know Cath will be there. So everything will be alright. *winks*

Good luck and have a safe journey, both of you. If possible, we shall meet up in KL and shop together ya. =D

0 comments: