Monday, January 3, 2011

My Boss Made Me Smile!

Although he wasn't around for the day, just a simple two words from him could make me beam like an idiot for the rest of the day! :)

First day to work on a new year. Guess I got so 'excited' yesternight, I couldn't fall asleep when I was supposed to. I ended up tossing and turning and coughing and messing around FB for a game [or two] of Bejelewed. Then I finally gave up whatever I was doing and force my eyes to really stay shut for the night. Thank God they were obedient enough. But that wasn't until it was about 2 or 3 in the morning. Imagine I have to wake up at 6:20am later. Miracle how I could stay wide awake till now.

First day of school! I can't help but just smile when I see those little kids in the back seats. I'm actually feeling really excited for them, and their elders! I can't imagine what I'd be when my little niece and nephew go to nurseries. Note, not school. Haha, yea I know, even that is not in another 3 years. And I am just the Aunt!

Traffic report: It gets really jammed up at the Serdang bottleneck by 7am, so leave early.

It was quite a job to keep myself positive the whole way. But positivity always brings positive results. At least, that's what I have been made to believe. =)
I reached my workplace later than usual, and I thought I have not the enough cash with me. Unless, of course, if I decide to pay for the parking with coins. Lots of it. Bii came to the rescue.
While waiting, I decided to try my luck even when the 'FULL' sign was placed at the entrance. I'm the first in line! Haha. Positive that I would get the free carpark space, for whatever reason, before Bii could reach.
So, guess what! The guard came slowly towards Potato and I and removed the sign. Yay! Free access!
Ah, positivity and blind luck. What's not to love?

Bii took me to a quick breakfast since he was already around the corner. And because I needed that early dose of coffee. I had two dose of coffee for the day. McD's for breakfast and cafeteria's for lunch. Both - yummeh!
Ahh, so that's what got me so hyped up the whole day. *silly smiles*

I love working when I am working. And I am working when I know what I am working on. Time flies. And a simple compliment goes a looonnnng way!

Thank you, boss! You just gave my working year a great start! For whatever that comes, I will remember today. =)

I feel like a little girl at school who has just received her first star. 

0 comments: