Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Longest Start To December!

Gahhhhhhhh~!!! I need a good shout! And I need to shout out loud! What a long day it has been and I'm glad it's gonna end. I sure do hope so. No trauma-scar left behind please!

At least, I feel safe now. Under the shelter of my home, confined in the room...and Bii is coming home real soon. Yes, I do feel much safer.

The day started early. But I guess it just wasn't early enough. After two days not getting the free entry to the carparks, the kiasu in me is getting excited. I left earlier than  usual to fetch a friend, only to realize I'm running out of fuel! So I needed extra time to have a quick visit to the petrol station.

The whole journey was a smooth ride. Even the gears did not jerk. I should be proud of myself, no? The wheels were in my control and we reach the KL-Seremban highway before 7.30am. I initially expected it to be later, considering the detours taken. So, I should be proud of myself, no?

Well, the answer is no and no! The moment I took a turn at the Desa Waterpark into the East-West Link, I immediately regretted all the happy thoughts. The traffic is crazy! It has been so for the past few days. I just wonder how the information had slipped off my mind for a sec there. It took me another 20-25 minutes just to reach that corner to Menara. I am bummed!

Yet, dumbly I still have hopes of getting a sad entry left for me. Stupid stupid stupid! Having hopes is not wrong but letting the kiasu-Elaine to take over the wheels is! Oh stupid stupid stupid. Knowing my accelerator is not all that smooth, I should have been more careful!

I slightly stepped on the accelerator [while we were still in the slow traffic] and it kinda revved upfront a little more than I thought it should. Something blinded me and I didn't see that motorbike on my left side, trying to make his way across the road. When I moved forward, I slightly bammed on its exhaust pipe. Very slightly, he didn't fall. But he did jerk a little on his bike.
Yes, he's somehow already in front of me. He shouldn't have been!! So, why?! =(

I should have been more alert. No matter what happened back there, I still have responsibilities to bear. Thank God for He must have protected me back there. Just a small lesson. Nothing happened. Not to him, not to my little Potato.

Since then, I am jaded. Everything just seemed to go off my way. Even when I went to the canteen to pack my lunch, I blame the cashier for overcharging me and not giving me the fork and spoon. Thankfully, I was conscious enough to realize that before leaving.

And because I'm traumatized from the morning experience, I was actually spirited to work overtime today. First time speaking to my big boss personally is the best reason for OT. I felt so small presenting the updates to him. I surely could have done better than that. Oh well, this is just a step opening the doors to bigger opportunities. =)

Finally when it's time to face reality and drive home, I find myself lingering around the office. Taking every chances to spend just a minute or two more in the office. With every minute wasted, I told myself, "God is giving me the chance to avoid the little unexpected circumstances on the road". =)
I love it.

I heard on the radio that the traffic is bad again due to an accident involving two buses. I was contemplating which road to take. The long-straight highway with the risk of having to drive in the rain [it looked like it was going to rain] or the perfectly jammed road with super low speed?
Gleefully, I opted for the low speed. Trauma made me.

I saw the burnt skeleton of the bus. It was said to be burning in the radio but when I reached the scene, it had already finished burning. I wanted to look more but that would be awfully dangerous. I just pray that nobody got hurt in the burning bus.
Maybe this was what God didn't want me to witness happening.

I was extra careful on my home. The day was getting dark and I prayed it wouldn't rain. One thing, if not more, that I learnt from the day is that no matter how careful I drive, I still need to be vigilant from the other drivers and motorists.
I honked on my horn today. First time doing so to another person on the road. And I honked TWICE in merely just minutes away! [On separate occasions that is.] No, I did not honk because I am a Malaysian. Only because those cars almost knocked me! Usually I would slow down to let them come into my lane, but be fair. I can't step on my brakes abruptly just to let you in. And you obviously saw me coming!! I know because you stopped when I was oncoming from a distance away and you hadn't had your signal lights on! Be fair! I'm just a baby on the road. Don't bully me! =(

Oh, God, please give me strength to face driving again tomorrow. 

0 comments: