Friday, October 15, 2010

Photo-Loaded Sibu Travelogue. [Part 1]

Ah, I'd better write this down before I forget any splendid detail of the trip. *winks*

Last week, packed with a superbly good reason and a faithful luggage bag, I took my first step onto our country's other continent. All-expense-paid. *evil chuckles*

[The good reason.]

If it hadn't been for this chance, God knows when this first trip would be. So, yeap, there we were. In Sibu, Sarawak!

[Proof of stepping on Sibu land.]

Excitedly on Friday evening, all fourteen of us boarded the plane. Teehee~ I never knew the elder generation could be as bising as us youngsters do [besides gossiping]. But that's exactly where the fun really starts.

[At the Senai International Airport, before departure.]

The journey on the flight to [and fro, actually] Sibu, contradictorily, is really torturing. Trapped in a plane with noisy kids are superbly annoying. *sighs*


We decided to try the plane food since Bii said the nasi lemak on board is highly recommended. Sadly though, the "highly recommended" food is only available for orders online. So we opt for the consolation prize. Haha. Yeap, also nasi lemak! Not with curry chicken but with sotong! Yum yum~
Cost us RM10! Super expensive! Super small portion! *sobz*

Yet no complains because we kinda expected that. And knowingly that we're gonna attack "kampua mee" right after settling down. Funny how we joked about eating "kampua mee" and drink "san se nai cha" (3-layered tea). Sure enough, that's what we did right after settling this many luggages *points below* into the nice, comfy hotel.

[Arriving at Sibu Airport.]

[Unload, gather, check in, move.]

[Ahhhh! Super cheap rates!!! 'Nuff said.]

Thank God for the nasi lemak on board. Else, we'd definitely have fainted before reaching to our food, especially after moving that many luggages!! And thank God we lived near the Sibu central bus station, so the eatery is open 24 hours.
FYI, Sibu people goes to bed even earlier than Malaccans (I'm talking to Shad here). Hoho~! Shops are closed by 10pm and roads are cleared by 11pm! :)

Anyway! Here's my first "kampua mee" with added ingredients. Oh, yummy!


Here's the normal version of "kampua mee" [from the same stall]. I'm sure we never came all the way here to only eat anything as plain and normal right? So, why not try both. Teehee~ I love both anyway.


And of course not forgetting my 3-layered tea. Available only in Sarawak. Correct me if I'm wrong. *winks*


Okay, tata. That's all for Part 1. I don't like that my blogposts too long, so I'm gonna put the travelogue in few parts. Furthermore, I don't wanna post this up too late. Judging from the speed that I'm writing, that tends to happen. :)
So wait up for Part 2. Bear with me. TQVM.

2 comments:

akiraceo said...

Welcome to Sarawak and Sibu, the city that serves the best Kampua in the state. XD

Oyah, 3 layers Tea C Peng are originally from Sarawak (Kuching to be exact), but now West MSia is selling it too.. but calling it 3C Tea. :/

eLaiNe said...

Wow. What a pleasant surprise. :)
Welcome to my blog :P

Guess what, even KFC outlets here are selling the 3-layered tea now. Gosh. I found out last week. Real annoying.

Maybe Colonel's afraid I'd get 3C-sick. ><