Saturday, September 27, 2008

Good Deed Done.

Had quite a funny evening. As we were off for dinner in Dengkil, one cab was in front of us. Being the noisy and crappy ones that we were, I just pointlessly pointed out to how long the aerial at the back of the car is. [It was meant to connect the walkie-talkies of the taxi station anyway.] Instead of looking at the aerial, all Chee Wei saw was a cellphone. On top of the trunk of the car! And all of us starting shouting. Soon Ming even honked the fella in front. But c'mon, for real, who would be much bothered about you honking? Especially in Malaysia. =D

Round the corner at the Fire Station there, and the phone was on it's way off from the trunk right to the tarred road. Ouch~ Pretty amazing how tough Nokia phones are huh? =p Everything was stil intact, and as a matter of fact, it is still functioning. Or at least, as we see it.
Obviously stated, we stopped the car and got down to save the phone. At least you'd know the phone is in good hands. *bats eyelashes* Hehe. And well, it did. No worries. We're good people. =p

The owner called quite a number of times. I can imagine the anxiousness of the fella. Had a couple of such experience myself, and it is so not fun. Imagine worrying and wishing that you hadn't been such a forgetful that you were. So many times you just wanna kick yourself in the head. *sigh*

But there's also this one time that I am so frigging lucky. Thanks to this one man. That night I lost my wallet. Well, I actually drop it at the carpark at my Penang home, when we just came home from dinner. I actually realized it hours later, which was already near midnight. Omigosh! And I would be going back to Cyberjaya the next day! My bus ticket, identity card, everything in that wallet. Now how do you suppose that I'm gonna be safe from my parents? =_=

Worrified, I went downstairs and started looking all over for it. I went down thrice, I think. And the third time was the time my 'angel', at that moment, came along. He asked if I lost a wallet. Imagine the shock I had!! Handing me the wallet, he asked to check if I lost any important documents. Of course, the money is gone, but who cares?! All I wanted was the important documents just to be safe. That includes my identification card and all. Can't bear to go through the trouble to make a report and all.

He told my Dad that he actually came around a couple of times already hoping to see the owner coming back to look for it. Boy was I glad that he did. And boy was I glad that I never stop looking for it at the carpark, even though it was pretty obvious already that there's no wallet lying around anywhere. =__=
Thank God!!!!
The relief was so overwhelming. That's why I totally understand the feeling to lose something important. Grrr~ Still hate those who stole from me before though! >=P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

✓ ✔ ☑
A mark of approval!! :D

Anonymous said...

i remember your incident at the library....

eLaiNe said...

Oooo.. Don't remind me of that. That was not my mistake [okay, maybe it is] But the fella who went through my bag for that is a baaaaaaaaaaaad person! :(