Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fragility Of Life.

Since I forgot to turn my cellphone on again after it turns itself off yesternight with its battery totally flat, I missed two important calls from my Dad this morning. They were on their way down to KL again. And this time it wasn't for some holiday, nor was it planned beforehand. Knowing the reason to why they are rushing their way down south really gave me the shock.
I truthfully, seriously never ever expected this. At least not so suddenly, at least not without much warning.
And I'm reminded of the time I got the news of my maternal grandmother. Then two years later, my paternal grandfather's. All of which came to me as the news of the day, came to me as the first thing in the morning when I woke up. I would wish that it all are just dreams, that I would wake up the very next moment kicking myself in the head for dreaming such nonsensical dream. But it all never happen, I never woke up from that "dream". I had to mourn instead.

Death had always given me the fear of losing my loved ones, given me the fear of not being able to see them again. I hoped death never exists, and I still do. Ever since I was young, I had imagined my family to stay as it was that day till the day I am a hundred. Just addition, no subtraction. I never liked to relate death with my ever-loved ones.
And I felt the sharpest pain of losing with my grandmother's passing.

It wasn't that often that I met her when she was alive, but I remember the days when I see her. And who could forget the days when we had to say goodbye. Every goodbye, I was tearful and I long for the next trip when I would be seeing her again. But at least, I get to say goodbye.
Call me silly, but I did wished that I would see the ghost of my grandmother just so I could bid her goodbye one last time. Every turn of my head, I wished to see her face looking back at me. Her sweet smile, her gentle eyes. Just one last time. Just one last goodbye.

Life is so fragile, that you'd not know whether you'd still be here the next second. Life is so fragile, sometimes it's just so scary to miss a single minute of it. Life is so fragile, I never want to think of it ending.
Life should be about living and the process of it, not fearing for it's ending.
For if you do, then you would be looking forward to dying.
Cherish your loved ones, cherish your life. =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah.... life is fragile... so sorry for your lost.

Anonymous said...

my condolences to you and your family..

CarrotEgg said...

elaine....
send my condolences to ur family...
b strong ya, gal~
:)
anytime here for u

Andrew said...

life is seriously fragile and with your post i'm taking it back to 5 years ago when i lost one of my dearest buddy, without much warning or signs... Anyway, be strong and take care for with Christ there's hope and no fear of death.. seriously =) God bless