Friday, June 20, 2008

A Week Of Dilemma.

There are times in our lives when some things suddenly don't make sober senses to you anymore, when matters seem to be so alien and wrong. Suddenly, every single decision seem so un-correct and "what-ifs" start to haunt.

That time of my life is here again. I thought it would be a short visit, but apparently it had stayed longer than it is welcomed for.
It started with just a simple yes-or-no question, and it led on to a numerous questions in a string of doubts and dilemma.
Even more sadly, I'm starting to break the promise I made to myself from the very beginning, of which clearly minded that I shall not regret my decision no matter what.

This time around, it seemed to hit me harder than just a mild thunderstorm. All I wanted was just one simple answer. Instead of making the choice, I drew myself deeper into skepticism. With one question leading on to another question, matter in hand starts to become more complicated and out of the original topic. I'm struggling within to find a satisfying, if not perfect, answer for myself. At times I couldn't endure anymore, I told myself that this phase of my life would be gone soon before I realize it.
But I was advised that I should not avoid, again. Things must be set straight, not aside.

Point is, it isn't that I do not understand. These things are fully understood by me. I can even chant all the dos and donts in my life out time and again, with perfect rationale. But, how well can I actually put it into action? How well can my heart and brain accept? I know what I should do at the same time not knowing what I must do.
What my heart says is not comprehended by my head, vice versa.

What do you do when you got on the verge of losing faith?
Is determination more important, as I always believed?
Is determination enough to bring back my faith, and secure it once again?

0 comments: