Tuesday, November 9, 2010

OTR Nightmare Starts.

And so it's Tuesday. Second day driving *jeng jeng jeng* alone to and from work. Pretty liberating, I must add.

Recounting the first day experience to Bii yesternight, I was as excited as a child on her first day to playschool. All the nerves are loosen, so to speak. I actually had fun. Of course not during the drive, but definitely after. Hehe.

Fine. I admit it's nothing to shout about....for you. But it is a big step for me! A huge step indeed.

No, I did not just got my driver's licence. So there isn't the need to congratulate me for that. In fact, I've renewed my licence like twice!
No, I do not wonder how I passed my driving test although I do admit I'm very afraid of things happening because of my driving skills. It haunts me!!
Yes, I have hence avoided myself from all opportunities to drive for the past..let me count...FIVE years! *gasp*
Don't blame me. The first few experiences weren't exactly encouraging, so to speak.

But this time, thanks to my Sister and my baby nephew, I am forced to 'be independent'. I've anticipated this day for so long that I dreaded it! It's so liberating, yet so full of petrifying responsibilities!
*pats on the back* I'm so glad I made it. I'm actually so full of pride with myself. Hohoho~

Like my replies to all well-wishers [Thank You Very Much! =)] - the driving was good...parking, not so.

So embarrassing that I had to stop a random guy in the carpark to help me position my car, well, in the box. Mommy said it's okay and the guy would understand my situation considering that my car has a 'P' sticker stuck on it! *sweats* Mommy, ermm, thank you?

I must say, it's not my fault okay. It's the fault of whoever that leave the car at that particular spot disrupting me performing my awesome parking skills. Let me show you.


Hahaha! I can't believe I went through the trouble to prettily sketch the situation out! This is how far I would go to prove it! I believe it wouldn't have been such a hassle and I wouldn't have had a near heart-attack if it hadn't been for the 'kacau' car. Hrmph. Although I must add that I was really nervous and mayyyy not have think soberly. Pffftt. Still, he/she started it.

After the car is in place, I finally realize why the spot was empty and I got it. Water was dripping from the top. God knows where it came from. When I 'so happen' to go to my car an hour or two later, the black MyVi beside mine has left. Thank you, God.
Shifting my Potato over to that spot was a breeze. In fact, it was so fun I took my own sweet time adjusting and reversing and moving forward and adjusting again. Perfect parking skill. Hah!

Hoping that I do not have to repeat this ordeal, I left home earlier. I actually even drove a little faster on the MEX highway [yes, the straight one] - another story of its own. Maybe because it rained earlier, there were more cars on the road today. And the traffic was bad in Jalan Pantai Baharu.

Guess what. Parking spaces left - zero. That's only LG2, so I drove to LG4 with high hopes. Seeing the long queue and concluding that it's full too, I decided to go for the paid ones. RM6, RM10. Whatever. I have a breakfast date with Bii.

As I drove past LG4 entrance, parking spaces left as shown - 21. Thrilled, I drove a round back and joined in the queue. Fourth in line, parking spaces left - 0. Gahhhhh!!!
Next time, I'm not gonna go for another turn before I join in the queue. Don't matter if I do not know what the queue is for or for how long! Queue first, questions later.

I waited for a whole hour [if not more] for my chance to enter to the carpark! Space...not quite guaranteed.
When one vehicle exits and the red Kelisa in front of mine enters, I saw it at the entrance/exit area again a few ages later. We were frantically ordering the lady, from afar, to exit and pass the baton to me so that I would then represent her search for the available space. Haha.

Oh yes, Bii was with me in the car already. Thank God for that. But poor darling was so tired after a night's work yet still have to bear with this and no breakfast!

Then again, God knows best. If it hadn't for Bii, I might still be wandering down there in the carpark! My Potato is parked pretty illegally right now. We rounded the place many times but the empty parking space is well, just not before my eyes [and his]. Many empty reserved slots though. Grrrr.

Oh well, I'm gonna go check on it later at lunchtime and shift it if, and when, possible. Please, pray that it won't get clamped or anything. Pray that no scratches too. Brrr~

0 comments: